Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy: The Vampire Facial
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a popular skin rejuvenating treatment sometimes known as the Vampire Facial. The colloquial name “Vampire Facial” comes from the use of the patient’s own blood in the treatment, and the prevalence of vampires in popular culture.This procedure has garnered a lot of media attention because of its popularity with movie stars and celebrities and its sensational nickname. Patients come to Skintastic having heard about this treatment in the media. They are intrigued by its touted ability to refresh skin and erase wrinkles. They also arrive with many questions, muddled facts and misinformation they heard ‘somewhere’ or from ‘someone’. If you are looking for a reputed skin care company that can provide excellent platelet rich plasma therapy in Brisbane, then you should directly contact us. Skintastic Skin Care Solutions is a company that provides reliable Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy Vampire Facial to the clients.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy is a collagen stimulating therapy, ideal for treating ageing skin, improving texture, tone, fine lines and wrinkles, it is also used in the treatment of hair loss. Commonly referred to as the ‘Vampire Facial’ and used by celebrities such as Angelina Jolie and Kim Kardashian, it is a simple procedure that involves taking a normal blood sample within the practice and concentrating it down to the platelet rich plasma. This is then infiltrated into the desired areas such as the face or scalp.
PRP FOR HAIR LOSS AVAILABLE
An introduction to Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy:
PRP therapy was first developed, used and validated for orthopedic surgery with a body of clinical literature accumulated over more than thirty years. In this treatment, the healing platelets from blood plasma separated from a patient’s own blood are re-injected into the body to enhance healing.
Platelets are tiny blood cells that are important in the clotting process. As the clot is formed, the platelets release enzymes that promote healing and play a role in tissue regeneration by attracting stem cells to aid in the repair of a damaged area.
The same process is used in the Vampire Facial. The patient’s own blood is drawn, treated, and then the platelet-rich plasma is injected into the patient’s face. Injections are made into strategic areas to encourage skin healing and renewal through new collagen production and fresh skin cells full of human growth factors. This increase in collagen and growth factors creates a more youthful, plumper, and firmer appearing skin.
As a result of the Vampire Facial treatment, the patient’s skin is naturally refreshed with little downtime.
How the Vampire Facial works:
The Vampire Facial is a non-invasive treatment made up of small injections into targeted areas of the face. The injections are very small and similar to those used in Anti-wrinkle injections and dermal filler treatment.
Before any treatment, you will have a thorough consultation with Dr Hussain. This is your opportunity to discuss your goals and expectations for the treatment and he will ask about your medical history. Whether it is on the same day or at a future date, the treatment will follow the same steps:
1) Preparation: The treatment area is thoroughly cleansed and prepared.
2) Targeting injections: Dr Hussain marks the areas on your face that need to be freshened or lifted with a special pencil that wipes away easily.
3) Blood draw: Dr Hussain takes about 2 tubes of blood from your arm, in the same way you would have a regular blood test.
4) Isolating PRP: The drawn blood is placed in a centrifuge for 5 to 10 minutes. This equipment spins the blood at high speed to separate the lighter plasma from the rest of contents of the blood. This isolated platelet rich plasma is “activated” with calcium chloride to begin releasing growth factors that, once injected into the body, will increase collagen production and have other healing effects.
5) Topical anesthesia: If required or requested, Dr Hussain or one of our cosmetic nurses will apply a topical numbing cream to your face to keep you comfortable during your treatment.
6) Injection of PRP: Dr Hussain injects the separated and activated platelet rich plasma back into your face.
7) Repeat: Best results are obtained after about three treatments spaced about a month apart, though a single treatment can be effective for some individuals.